I thought for a bit what my first post should be. I already have some great human recipes I could share but I thought my Paleo Dog Biscuits is probably the way to go. Our dogs, Piper & Phoenix are everything to us. We adore them like children and want them fed right! I tried to cook their meals but Piper is 50 lbs and Phoenix is about 38 lbs and I just dont have a big enough pot to make a big enough batch that would last. Possibly in the future I’ll revisit that but for now I have them on what I think is decent shelf food. I’ll make a post about that later. Anyways, onto the biscuits! This recipe is super easy and your dog will love it!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Bake Time: 35-40 minutes
Yields: 48 biscuits
1/2 lbs whole carrots (organic better!)
1/4 cup coconut flour (I buy mine from nuts.com, best prices)
1/4 coconut chips
1 tbsp of coconut oil
- There a two ways to handle the carrots. 1) If you have a food processor, chop up the carrots into small pieces and place in there along with the coconut chips. OR 2) If you dont have a food processor, use a grater instead then break up the coconut chips in a mortar and combine.
- Transfer carrot & coconut mix to a large bowl.
- Add coconut flour and mix well.
- Add 2 eggs and mix well.
- Grease a large cookie sheet with coconut oil.
- With a small spoon scoop out quarter sized portions and form into tight round cookies/biscuits on the cookie sheet.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until the top starts browning a bit.
- Let them cool for about 10 minutes before transferring them to a plate or jar.